Thursday, 22 July 2010

Strengths and Weaknesses of AS.

I began the year with literally no knowledge of the media as a subject and didn't know what to expect, so I am very pleased with my success on the course and hope to continue the progress I've already made and build on the wealth of knowledge I have already acquired.

At the beginning of the course I was aware that I would need to improve my technical skills in order to get  a good grade. When we started the preliminary tasks I was apprehensive as to whether my skills would be overshadowed by others' experience. During the tasks I had a lot of help from my peers and discovered that I learnt well from them. As well as learning basic use of the video camera from Miss Street and Mr Rees, I feel that my peers helped me to understand different aspects of filming and enjoyed having their input and advice.

one of my concerns entering into the A2 year, is that while I feel that 'iMovie' is not the best editing programme, i have got used to it this year. It will be challenging from me now to get my head around 'Adobe Premier Pro' - which I have no experience with using. Luckily, my other team member, Deanna, is competent with this application and will be willing to tutor me on how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment